Instructions and Guidelines
INSTRUCTIONS & GUIDELINES:
Failure to follow the instructions/guidelines listed below, may result in injury or damage to your workpiece, tools, fixtures and/or machine.
- Tighten clamps only to published torque limits, as listed on the Dovetail Prep instructions.
- DO NOT EXCEED TORQUE LIMITS.
- Confirm torque type is either "Inch #'s" or "Foot #'s"
- Tightening of clamps can be accomplished simply by using a T-Handle wrench. While this method is sufficient, a torque wrench may be utilized to ensure that the clamp is securely tightened within the published torque limits.
- Do not under or over torque the clamps, as this will lead to clamp or fixture failure.
- Depending upon the workpiece size and material type, clamping pressure may require adjustments.
- Do not alter or substitute components provided, ie: clamp, screw, spring. Note: Replacement components are available for purchase: See: "Spare Parts".
- Adapters/Risers must be bolted down firmly to your Pallet or Table using the socket head cap screws provided.
- Fixtures must be securely tightened to base unit, ie: adapter, riser, connecter or extender, with socket head cap screws provided.
- All dowel pins provided are to be pressed fit to ensure properly assembled and secure. ie: using an arbor press.
Dovetail Prep & Proper Workpiece Geometry:
It is critical that the Support Materials listed below, are thoroughly reviewed prior to machining. Failure to do so may result in the workpiece coming loose and/or damage to your fixture/machine. *Note: all support materials are included with each fixture shipment.
When programming a machine, confirm that the correct Dovetail Prep instruction being used matches the dovetail fixture. When machining the dovetail on your workpiece, pay close attention to dimensions and radius requirements as illustrated on the Dovetail Prep Materials.
As illustrated on the Preferred Geometry, workpiece MUST sit squarely/flat on the shoulders the fixture; workpieces must NOT be undersized nor oversized.
Typical workpiece size range & maximum weight :
Our recommendations are listed on each fixtures detail product page, under tab titled: Description. ie: RWP-001
Raptor Dovetail Cutters:
It is recommended to use Raptor Dovetail Cutters as each are designed to machine the flat on the dovetail in one pass.