This fixture has our smallest dovetail, and is designed for micro machining. Connects directly to the following 0.75″ dovetail fixtures: RWP-002, RWP-002SS, RWP-015, RWP-023, RWP-024 & Rwp-024SS. This allows you to quickly machine smaller size parts without taking your primary fixtures off of the machine.
This fixture replaces the discontinued RWP-010SS.
Raptor Dovetail Fixtures are made to hold your part on four and five-axis CNC machines. The fixtures provide rigid clamping while exposing five faces of the workpiece. Most features can be completed in a single operation. Our unique Raptor Dovetail spring-loaded clamps require only 1/8″ of material to hold the workpiece. That means less waste, easier prep and no distortion. You prepare all your parts with a single dovetail and utilize the same fixture for every part. Easy, strong and efficient. See Key Dimension Drawing for details.
Patented Design. Patent US8,672,310 B2
HAVE AN EDM APPLICATION?
USE RAPTOR’S STAINLESS STEEL DOVETAIL FIXTURES
Our stainless steel fixtures and clamps are made from 17-4 stainless steel; Heat Treat: H-1150 / Rockwell Hardness Approximate 28.
Switch from a standard application to an EDM application in a single step: Simply substitute the clamping system socket head cap screws from alloy steel to stainless steel.
- Fixtures must be bolted down firmly to your Pallet or Table using the screws provided.
- Do not alter or replace any screw, spring or clamp with anything other than the exact item provided.
- Clamps must be tightened between 30 and 40 inch pounds of torque. DO NOT EXCEED 40 Inch Pounds. While for most applications tightening can be accomplished simply by using the T-Handle wrench provided, it is always recommended that a torque wrench be used until you establish the proper torque pressure for your application. Depending on the size of your workpiece and the material being cut you may need to adjust your clamping pressure. It is never recommended to under or over torque the clamps as this will lead to clamp or fixture failure.
- When machining your workpiece with the dovetail it is critical that you follow our sketches. Failure to do so may result in the workpiece coming loose and or damage to your fixture. Pay close attention to required sizes and radius requirements on the sketches.
- Failure to follow these instructions may result in injury or damage to your workpiece, tools, fixtures and/or machine.
Due to the size of the Micro-fixture product, please note that this product is recommended for use with a workpiece size that is small and light weight; production runs that are smaller volume; and preferably for conservative / slower machining.
We recommend the RWP-019SS as an upgrade product if your workpiece size & weight are pushing our recommendations and if your production runs are larger in scale.
Create an Account