RWP-013 is an 7075-T6511 Aluminum 1.5″ Dovetail Fixture
Workpiece Size Minimum: 2.35″ long x 2.35″ wide x .50″ high
Workpiece Size Maximum: 6.75″ cube (30 lb max)
Clamp Replacement Kit: RWP-KIT-301SQ (Clamp Material is 17-4 Stainless Steel)
Dovetail Width: 1.5″
Dovetail thickness: 0.125″
Fixture Diameter: 4.970″
Fixture Height: 2.0″
Bolt Circle Diameter: 3.800″ (Raptor Interface)
Piranha Zero-Point Adaptable: Yes (Order 4 pc kit # 540277)
Recommended Cutter: RWP-DC403U, RWP-DC404C, RWP-DC407C or RWP-DC408C
Raptor Dovetail Fixtures are made to hold your part on four and five-axis CNC machines. The fixtures provide rigid clamping while exposing five faces of the workpiece – Most features can be completed in a single operation. Our unique Raptor Dovetail spring-loaded clamps require only 1/8″ of material to hold the workpiece. That means less waste, easier prep and no distortion. You prepare all your parts with a single dovetail and utilize the same fixture for every part. Easy, strong and efficient. This part has been improved to have the ability to mount to Piranha Zero Point plates. See Key Dimension Drawing for details.
*Notation: This part is a direct mount to a Matsuura MAM72-35V English Table/Pallet configuration. If you have the Metric Version, please order Part # RWP-013-METRIC
Patented Design. Patent US8,672,310 B2
- Fixtures must be bolted down firmly to your Pallet or Table using the screws provided.
- Do not alter or replace any screw, spring or clamp with anything other than the exact item provided.
- Clamps must be tightened between 120 and 175 inch pounds of torque. DO NOT EXCEED 175 Inch Pounds.While for most applications tightening can be accomplished simply by using the T-Handle wrench provided, it is always recommended that a torque wrench be used until you establish the proper torque pressure for your application. Depending on the size of your workpiece and the material being cut you may need to adjust your clamping pressure. It is never recommended to under or over torque the clamps as this will lead to clamp or fixture failure.
- When machining your workpiece with the dovetail it is critical that you follow our sketches. Failure to do so may result in the workpiece coming loose and or damage to your fixture. Pay close attention to required sizes and radius requirements on the sketches.
- Failure to follow these instructions may result in injury or damage to your workpiece, tools, fixtures and/or machine.