This fixture is designed to connect directly to the Matsuura MAM 72-35V for milling applications. It can also be utilized in other machines when connected with an adapter or riser. Refer to the Related Products tab for additional information. It offers superior clamping strength while allowing access to five sides of the workpiece. It offers superior clamping strength while allowing access to five sides of the workpiece.
The standard RWP-013 is manufactured from 7075-T6511 aluminum and anodized: Class 2 Type II.
Custom materials can be special-ordered.
The fixture clamps are made from 17-4 Stainless Steel.
Raptor Dovetail Fixtures are made to hold your part on four and five-axis CNC machines. The fixtures provide rigid clamping while exposing five faces of the workpiece– Most features can be completed in a single operation. Our unique Raptor Dovetail spring-loaded clamps require only 1/8″ of material to hold the workpiece. That means less waste, easier prep and no distortion. You prepare all your parts with a single dovetail and utilize the same fixture for every part. Easy, strong and efficient.
* Typical workpiece size dimensions (L x W x H): From: 2.35″ x 2.25″ x 0.50″ To: 6.75″ x 6.75″ x 6.75″
Patented Design. Patent US8,672,310 B2
- Fixtures must be bolted down firmly to your Pallet or Table using the screws provided.
- Do not alter or replace any screw, spring or clamp with anything other than the exact item provided.
- Clamps must be tightened between 120 and 175 inch pounds of torque. DO NOT EXCEED 175 Inch Pounds.While for most applications tightening can be accomplished simply by using the T-Handle wrench provided, it is always recommended that a torque wrench be used until you establish the proper torque pressure for your application. Depending on the size of your workpiece and the material being cut you may need to adjust your clamping pressure. It is never recommended to under or over torque the clamps as this will lead to clamp or fixture failure.
- When machining your workpiece with the dovetail it is critical that you follow our sketches. Failure to do so may result in the workpiece coming loose and or damage to your fixture. Pay close attention to required sizes and radius requirements on the sketches.
- Failure to follow these instructions may result in injury or damage to your workpiece, tools, fixtures and/or machine.