The RWP-003-4X Raptor Nest utilizes four RWP-003 dovetail fixtures. This fixture is designed specifically for five-axis machining applications and allows you to hold four workpieces at the same time. The mounting base shown (an RWP-203 Adapter) is not included. The RWP-003-4X Raptor Nest will mount to any of our standard Adapters and Risers.
The fixture is manufactured from 7075-T6511 aluminum.
The fixture clamp is made from 17-4 Stainless Steel.
* Typical workpiece size dimensions (L x W x H): From: 1.273″ x 1.3″ x 0.50″ To: 3.0″ x 3.0″ x 3.0″
Patented Design. Patent US8,672,310 B2
- Fixtures must be bolted down firmly to your Pallet or Table using the screws provided.
- Do not alter or replace any screw, spring or clamp with anything other than the exact item provided.
- Tighten clamps only to published torque limits. Do not exceed torque limits. While for most applications tightening can be accomplished simply by using the T-Handle wrench provided, it is always recommended that a torque wrench be used until you establish the proper torque pressure for your application. Depending on the size of your workpiece and the material being cut you may need to adjust your clamping pressure. It is never recommended to under or over torque the clamps as this will lead to clamp or fixture failure.
- When machining your workpiece with the dovetail it is critical that you follow our sketches. Failure to do so may result in the workpiece coming loose and or damage to your fixture. Pay close attention to required sizes and radius requirements on the sketches.
- Failure to follow these instructions may result in injury or damage to your workpiece, tools, fixtures and/or machine.
- Qty of four Raptor RWP-003 Dovetail fixtures
Qty of one Raptor Nest